Tuesday, August 28, 2007

IT'S NO COINCIDENCE!



Oh, how the mighty are mighty no more. All the wild horses in the sun. All good things come to an end. The party's over, time to call it a day. Show me the way to go home, Im tired and I want to go to bed. ETC!!! And let me be the first to bid a fond farewell to these two titans of industry, these two masters of the universe (to quote the bonfire of the vanities), these two men of power & glory (respectively)- as they retire (get this) on the VERY SAME DAY!

(psst and heres the funny/crazy part, I found both these pics in the exact same image search! IT'S NO COINCIDENCE!)

Ok, ok, ok the guy on the bottom is actually alright. Im just poking fun. He kept us afloat for the better part of two years, two years that saw us move to and from oak park, travel the south, create scatter, live + nude + helpless, water and the aluminum farm. And when I got fired he really went to bat for me to help me quickly get re-hired. So, yeah.

12 comments:

Deanna said...

Rich, I finally got the e-mail from your work!

What the hell kind of search terms were you using to pull up both pictures?

Richard said...

Awesome about the email!

The search term I used was the Rev Donald Hallberg on Google Images.

Oh hey D, did you ever see the onion article about wikipedias celebration of the 4th of july?

Deanna said...

No, I did not see that Onion article but I bet it was excellent.

Richard said...

it was fucking hilarious

heres the link

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50902

Richard said...

Oh, D on bootlegzone they have fuckin Nilsson bootlegs. And not just a couple. Theres like 20. You should check it out

Deanna said...

SWEET! I'll have to find that...

Oh, and my roommate was just watching the greatest thing I've ever seen: a couple of fake cops "arresting" Brian Wilson for having nothing to do with surfing, and then dragging him, plump and bearded in a blue bathrobe, to a beach, where he proceeds to surf with the board positioned backwards. It was so amazing.

Deanna said...

Okay, I MUST have that Nilsson Popeye thing. I'll sign up tonight. Not that I have anything that's hard to get or anything...unless someone really wants a bunch of Sleater-Kinney shows.

Jackie said...

so i'm saying yes to sept. 22nd for apple picking.

does sept. 22nd work for everyone? i just need to know because i'm gonna go to madison that night then if that's the date.

que ferions-nous sans vous pour nous guider? said...

we'll get back to you on that soon, jackie.

Deanna said...

9/22 is fine with me!

Richard said...

we'll do our best to make sure its fine with us

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.