Sunday, May 09, 2010

I've decided to wait until my 50s to start a punk band so I can bypass the reunion phase.

Show was amazing. They had a handful of original pressings of their 7" and EP for sale--I of course bought one of each.



Tutu and the Pirates, while I didn't buy their reissue, might just grow on me. With songs like "Idi Amin" ("Everyone objects/Just because I eat my subjects") how the fuck could they not? Their chutzpah is admirable.

In more '80s hipster news, Plastic Crimewave and Ono are playing a free show at the MCA Tuesday at 6pm.

4 comments:

Mr Bigpants Cock (of the) Walk said...

and if you want real classic chutzpah dont forget the incredible lines from another of their songs:

I just crashed my car again
Now I'm going to Dizz Knee Land
I just robbed a grocery store
I'm going to Dizz Knee Land
Shot my gun into the night
I'm going to dizz knee land
I just saw a good man die
I'm going to dizz knee land
Kicked my ass out of school
Rolled me out into the street
Hitched a ride on a monkey's back
Headed west into the black
I'm going to dizz knee land

Rich On Liz's Computer said...

And drank a 5th of Gin
Im a-going' to Disneyland

Rich! said...

Huggin' a tree
when we get near one

Holy Moses
Everythings comin up roses!

Mr Bigpants Cock (of the) Walk said...

my dad's real cool, he discovered mars. My mom is a movie star.