Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lou Reed, Lewis Allan Reed (March 2, 1942 – October 27, 2013)






"why can't anybody she'd just one tear/for things that don't happen" Lou Reed, my personal poet laureate I LOVE YOU SO FUCKIN MUCH LOU


 







 


  from 3:15 onward, my entire personality in song...

I HAVE to post this song. For us crazy true believers, this is a song for us. The song we fall in love to, fall out of love to, and the song that brings us back from cold ambivalence, and yeah, makes us reach for the glory of love.

I do believe You're all what you perceive What come is better that what came before also first came fire, then came light, then came feeling, then came sight

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10/27/what-lou-reed-was-really-like-legs-mcneil-s-tribute-to-the-velvet-underground-legend.html





No Kinds Of Love Are Better Than Others.

http://henryrollins.com/kcrw/detail/radio_broadcast_239_1027131/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24703353




First Lou Reed song I ever heard
"I loved Lou. I admired Lou very much. He was a very genuine person. He was always decent to me. His talent was so wonderful in my life and it gave me great pleasure and guidance. I am sure that his was a worthwhile life, and one he would have enjoyed had it continued longer. He and his wife Laurie were such a good couple. Iggy"

"The news I feared the most, pales in comparison to the lump in my throat and the hollow in my stomach. Two kids have a chance meeting and 47 years later we fight and love the same way -- losing either one is incomprehensible. No replacement value, no digital or virtual fill...broken now, for all time. Unlike so many with similar stories - we have the best of our fury laid out on vinyl, for the world to catch a glimpse. The laughs we shared just a few weeks ago, will forever remind me of all that was good between us." - John Cale, 27th Oct, 2013

and we HAVE to out this in here...

Excellent performance of an amazing song...I have this whole concert, it's awesome. Bob Dylan said he wished that he had written this one

 "I wrote this song 'cause I'd like to shake your hand/In a way you guys are the best friends I ever had"

The feeling is more than mutual, Lou. The echo returns.

Morrissey expresses his sense of loss in a very Morrissey way, I do agree with him 100% of course...

"No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed. He had been there all of my life. He will always be pressed to my heart. Thank God for those, like Lou, who move within their own laws, otherwise imagine how dull the world would be. I knew the Lou of recent years and he was always full of good heart. His music will outlive time itself. We are all timebound, but today, with the loss of liberating Lou, life is a pigsty."

A couple of good words from Legs McNeil and Mick Rock
http://www.vice.com/read/my-dear-friend-lou-reed http://www.vice.com/read/what-lou-reed-taught-me

"Lou was the first real antihero in rock. As a 14-year-old hearing the Velvet Underground for the first time, I acted out the lyrics to a song about heroin when I didn’t even know what it was. But I thought it was cool and I knew it was different than anything I’d heard before. Lou went about self-destruction and creation with the same exploratory innocence of a 14-year-old girl rebelling against a role she doesn’t want … won’t accept … to be a conventional boy, to be a conventional girl … With Lou’s death I feel a certain panic that the same innocence that comes with any urge to make something and get lost in it along the way has left with him, leaving the rest of us feeling way too adult." - Kim Gordon

Pretty cool: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/10/28/lou_reed_best_songs_solo_from_perfect_day_to_street_hassle_to_vanishing.html


And we've got to have the two end of the 70's epics in here...


Robert Christgau chimes in...
http://www.spin.com/articles/lou-reed-robert-christgau-toesucker-blues/

Axl Rose tweeted "I'm an artist and I can be as egotistical as I want to be" RIP Lou Reed

 Nile Rogers tweeted Lou Reed, R.I.P. I did the Jools Holland show with him last year and we yucked it up. I didn't know he was ill....

and the singer from the Strokes tweeted Lou Reed is the reason i do everything i do

and now more music... Seriously...this is one of the most amazing epic musical performances EVER

BUT THIS IS EVEN MORE EPIC


AND THIS IS THE MOST EPIC OF ALL
about which Bruce Loose said "This song and the "live in Texas" "Here comes the Ocean" my favorites! Something to swim in!"

and here's a beautiful little song


amazing version of one of my favourite "little" songs...Lou plays so fuckin awesome on this

and speaking of guitar, holy crap did this blow my 14 year old mind...

I got to say, Tim figured out Rock And Roll Heart as an album long before I did, and I thought he was slightly mad, but he was right...it wasn't until I heard Suicide's Half Alive album until I understood Rock And Roll Heart...this song is as great as anything else Reed did To our neighbors: What a beautiful fall! Everything shimmering and golden and all that incredible soft light. Water surrounding us. Lou and I have spent a lot of time here in the past few years, and even though we’re city people this is our spiritual home. Last week I promised Lou to get him out of the hospital and come home to Springs. And we made it! Lou was a tai chi master and spent his last days here being happy and dazzled by the beauty and power and softness of nature. He died on Sunday morning looking at the trees and doing the famous 21 form of tai chi with just his musician hands moving through the air. Lou was a prince and a fighter and I know his songs of the pain and beauty in the world will fill many people with the incredible joy he felt for life. Long live the beauty that comes down and through and onto all of us. — Laurie Anderson his loving wife and eternal friend



 I just plucked this plum straight out the deepest obscurity of youtube...wow...holy crap...enjoy...

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I really enjoy all of this even if my computer scrolls through everything very slow. It's worth it.

Rich said...

Thank you, Jackie. There won't be too many updates today, cuz I'm super busy, but I'll be making up for it on Thurs and Fri.

My computer scrolls through it super slow, too!

Rich said...

In the interim, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this article...THE BEST thing I've read about Reed in the rush of ink about him...THIS almost made me cry when driving to work this morning. PLEASE read this.

http://kreftingmoondawn.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/how-do-you-think-it-feels-and-when-do-you-think-it-stops/